A Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Upadacitinib (ABT-494) in Subjects With Moderately to Severely Active Crohn's Disease Who Have Inadequately Responded to or Are Intolerant to Biologic Therapy
The objective of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of upadacitinib compared to placebo as induction therapy in subjects with moderately and severely active Crohn's disease (CD).
- Crohn's Disease
- Eligible Ages
- Between 18 Years and 75 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Confirmed diagnosis of CD for at least 3 months prior to Baseline.
- Confirmed diagnosis of moderate to severe CD as assessed by stool frequency (SF), abdominal pain (AP) score.
- Evidence of mucosal inflammation based on the Simplified Endoscopic Score for Crohn's disease (SES-CD) on an endoscopy confirmed by a central reader.
- Demonstrated an inadequate response or intolerance to any biologic therapy for infliximab, adalimumab, certolizumab pegol, vedolizumab, and ustekinumab.
- If female, subject must meet the contraception recommendations.
- Participant with a current diagnosis of ulcerative colitis or indeterminate colitis.
- Participant not on stable doses of CD related antibiotics, oral aminosalicylates, corticosteroids or methotrexate (MTX).
- Participant with the following known complications of CD: abscess (abdominal or peri-anal), symptomatic bowel strictures, fulminant colitis, toxic megacolon, or any other manifestation that might require surgery while enrolled in the study.
- Participant with ostomy or ileoanal pouch.
- Participant diagnosed with short gut or short bowel syndrome.
- Screening laboratory and other analyses show abnormal results.
- Phase 3
- Study Type
- Intervention Model
- Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose
- Quadruple (Participant, Care Provider, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor)
|Participants will receive placebo for 12 weeks.||
|Participants will receive open-label upadacitinib dose A for 12 weeks.||
|Participants will receive upadacitinib dose A for 12 weeks.||
Study ContactABBVIE CALL CENTER