A Study of Rovalpituzumab Tesirine as Maintenance Therapy Following First- Line Platinum-Based Chemotherapy in Participants With Extensive Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer (MERU)
This is a Phase 3, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multinational, and multicenter study to evaluate the efficacy of rovalpituzumab tesirine as maintenance therapy following first-line platinum-based chemotherapy.
- Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Eligible Ages
- Over 18 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed extensive-stage disease small cell lung cancer (ED SCLC) at initial diagnosis with ongoing clinical benefit (stable disease [SD], partial response [PR], or complete response [CR]) following completion of 4 cycles of first-line platinum-based therapy
- Participant is eligible to be randomized at least 3 but no more than 9 weeks from Day 1 of the fourth cycle of first-line platinum-based chemotherapy.
- Participants with a history of central nervous system (CNS) metastases prior to the initiation of first-line platinum-based chemotherapy must have received definitive local treatment and have documentation of stable or improved CNS disease status
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance score of 0 or 1
- Participants must have adequate bone marrow, renal and hepatic function
- Availability of archived or representative tumor material for assessment of DLL3 expression
- Any prior systemic chemotherapy, small molecule inhibitors, immune checkpoint inhibitors, other monoclonal antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates, radioimmunoconjugates, T-cell or other cell-based or biologic therapies, or any other anti-cancer therapy than that described in inclusion criteria for SCLC.
- Any disease-directed radiotherapy (except prophylactic cranial irradiation, palliative radiotherapy to a radiographically documented non-progressing lesion for symptom control, or pre-planned radiotherapy for CNS metastases present prior to start of first-line therapy and non-progressing) after last dose of first-line chemotherapy.
- Prior exposure to a pyrrolobenzodiazepine (PBD-based) or indolinobenzodiazepine-based drug, prior participation in a rovalpituzumab tesirine clinical trial, or known hypersensitivity or other contraindications to rovalpituzumab tesirine or excipient contained in the drug formulation.
- Phase 3
- Study Type
- Intervention Model
- Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose
- Quadruple (Participant, Care Provider, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor)
|Rovalpituzumab tesirine/dexamethasone every 6 weeks (q6 wk); omitting every third cycle||
|Placebo q6 wk; omitting every third cycle||
- NCT ID
Study ContactABBVIE CALL CENTER